Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lady GaGa Calls For Malaysian Fans To Protest Censorship!

GaGa Calls For Malaysian Fans To Protest Censorship!: "

GaGa Calls For Protest in Malaysia


So we know that Malaysian radio stations have been censoring GaGa's 'Gay' Born This Way lyrics.


Now, in response to that, GaGa is calling for her Malaysian fans and friends to protest the censorship!


Here's what GaGa is asking, with explanation:



'Obviously I disagree with it, otherwise I wouldn't have specifically put those words in a song that I knew would be put on Top 40 radio. What I would say is for all the young people in Malaysia that want those words to be played on the radio, it is your job and it is your duty as young people to have your voices heard.


You must do everything that you can if you want to be liberated by your society: you must call, you must not stop, you must protest, peacefully. I don't believe in violence. I don't believe in negativity. There is no reason to be derogatory. You just have to keep fighting for what you believe in.'


Inspiring words, GaGa! We hope you instill change in those who need it!


Being GaGa, she has dealt with censorship on a constant basis. From lyric edits to video edits, lots of people seem to want to use anything but what she's specifically intended.


Here's what she had to say about that:



'I can't tell you how many times I get phone calls from TV stations (asking me) to edit out a section of the video and I just say, 'Well, tell them I'm not doing it.' If they don't want to play it, they don't have to. That's it. Because if the artist is constantly molding ourselves and changing and abridging what we do for the machine, then the artist becomes part of the machine. I don't want to be part of the machine. I want the machine to be part of me.'


It's refreshing to see you refusing to cave! Keep up the good fight, GaGa!


Do U think GaGa should be censored, whether or not U like her music??


[Image via Ramey Pix.]

" CELEBRITY NEWS - DOWNLOAD MUSIC VIDEO LEGALLY

No comments: